VI PeelThe Secret to Timeless Beauty
VI Body Peels
Starting at $500
Post Peel Treatment Info
- The first two days your skin will look a little tan, bronzed, or pink. It may also feel a bit tight before the peeling begins.
- As a rule, treat it like a sunburn: avoid sun exposure, avoid sweating and avoid heat.
- During the peeling phase, you must avoid sun exposure. Even after the peeling has subsided your new skin will be sensitive to UV light. Protect your investment and reapply your sunscreen when outdoors.
- If any products in the post peel kit sting or irritate beyond your tolerance reach out to your practitioner for options to use instead.
- The amount of visible peeling you will experience varies greatly. You will peel as much as your skin needs to peel.
- Each morning, apply the Post Treatment Repair Cream and SPF 50+ Sunscreen, and apply as needed throughout the day. Continue use for the 7- Day peeling process.
- Function: The towelettes included in your post peel kit provide additional stimulation of the skin and expedite the peeling process.
- Use: First towelette should be used 4 hours after your peel has been applied. Subsequent towelettes will be applied at intervals designated in your aftercare booklet. All towelettes should be spaced a minimum of 4 hours apart and all towelettes should be used in the first 48 hours.
- Discontinue any unused towelettes if you note any peeling within the first 48 Hours.
- Side effects: Towelettes are not refreshing towelettes. There are active ingredients in these towelettes and therefore you may note some light stinging upon application. Some people can also experience some itching, especially on night 1 which can be remedied by applying Post Treatment Repair Cream, hydrocortisone cream, or taking oral antihistamine.
- Safe products to use during peeling: VI Derm Gentle Purifying Cleanser, Post Treatment Repair Cream, SPF 50+. (From your home you can also use a gentle cleanser, Aquaphor, and sunscreen.)
- Days 3, 4 and 5 are the typical days of peeling. By day 6 most exfoliation has subsided.
- Typically, peeling begins on the third day, starting around the mouth then peeling outward. The forehead and neck will be the last areas to peel.
- We recommend cleansing your face prior to showering and keeping your face protected from hot water.
- When cleansing your face use your fingertips only. Avoid using washcloths or facial machine brushes during the first week.
- While the skin is exfoliating avoid pulling, picking, rubbing and any premature removal of skin. This could lead to significant irritation and possible hyperpigmentation. Never force or peel the skin off in sheets.
- When peeling make sure to keep your body hydrated and your skin moisturized.
- The Post Treatment Repair Cream may cause slight sensitivity when first applied but it quickly subsides.
- If you are excessively dry or irritated when peeling, add a light layer of Aquaphor to provide a protective barrier.
- Resuming Skin Care Products:
- Non-Actives: Can be resumed once peeling has subsided, usually day 6-7.
- Actives: Can be resumed once peeling has subsided and sensitivity has returned to normal, usually day 7-10.
- Physical Activity / Exercise:
- Refrain for 72-96 hours after peel application. Inducing excessive perspiration can lead to PIH or blistering.
- Scheduling the Next VI Peel:
- VI Peels should be scheduled every 4-6 weeks (for best results)
- Additional Skincare Treatments:
- It is recommended to wait for a minimum of 2 weeks before any treatment that creates exfoliation of the skin. (Includes facials, extractions, waxing, and threading)
- Consult with your practitioner for other treatment options.
- Follow the instructions provided in the aftercare booklet and/or download the VI Peel App.
- Normal side effects include but are not limited to redness, mild stinging, dryness, mild itching.
- During the 7-10 days post-peel:
- Use the Retinoic Serum morning and night until flaking or peeling begins, then immediately discontinue use.
- Use the Post Treatment Repair Cream anytime skin feels dry or itchy.
- Avoid hot water on the treated area. Lukewarm water is best.
- When cleansing the area, use only your fingertips and avoid washcloths, loofahs, or anything abrasive. Cleanse the skin using a gentle cleanser with no fragrance or active ingredients
(VI Derm Gentle Purifying Cleanser, Dove, Cetaphil, etc.).
- Avoid direct sun exposure on treated areas.
- Use SPF 50+ on treated areas when outdoors, including while driving.
- Avoid sweat-inducing environments until peeling begins. This includes aerobic exercise, saunas, etc.
- Wear loose-fitting, cotton-based products on the treated area.
- If any products in the post peel kit sting or irritate beyond your tolerance reach out to your
practitioner for options to use instead.
Flaking/Peeling typically begins 5-7 days after the peel is applied. When this begins, remembering the following:
- Skin will feel tight or dry right before it peels.
- Do not pick, pull, or roll the skin as this could lead to significant irritation and possible hyperpigmentation and scarring.
- Peeling may look like light flaking, sheet peeling, or may be barely visible to the naked eye. The amount of visible peeling you will experience varies greatly. You will peel as much as your skin needs to peel.
Flaking/Peeling may last 3-7 days and varies from person to person. If any products in your Patient Aftercare Kit sting or irritate beyond your tolerance, stop and reach out to your practitioner.
- Shaving can be resumed after the peeling process is complete.
- Waxing can be resumed 2 weeks after peeling process is complete.
- Exfoliating products can be resumed 1 week after peeling process is complete.
- Swimming/Pools can be resumed after peeling process is complete.
- Scheduling the Next VI Peel Body: VI Peel Body treatments should be scheduled every 4-6 weeks (for best results)
*Pricing can vary depending on the experience and credentials of the Provider.
We ask that you please reschedule or cancel at least 24 hours before the beginning of your appointment or you may be charged a cancellation fee of $100. If an appointment is cancelled with in less than 24 hours or no-show to your appointment your card will be automatically charged a 100.00 no show fee. If a Laser ( Halo or BBL) appointment is canceled within less than 24 hours or you no-show to your appointment a $200.00 fee will be automatically charged to your card.